The clinical research committee (CRC)
All clinical studies that are performed at the Princess Máxima Center must be approved by the CRC. To register a research study with the committee please go to the following page.
The CRC meets once every two weeks. If an application is registered no less than one week before the next meeting, the application will be considered in that meeting.
You will find a list of approved clinical trials here.
All patient materials that are collected during treatment are registered and processed by the diagnostic laboratory. Although patient materials are primarily intended for routine diagnostics, the lab procedures are designed in a such a way that excess material and derivatives thereof (like DNA) can be used for research purposes (provided that patient and/or parents have given informed consent). These materials are stored in the Maxima biobank. The biobank contains primary patient materials (tissue, blood, bone marrow, etc.) and derivatives thereof (DNA, RNA, etc.), but also aims to store materials that have been generated in a research setting. Examples are organoid cultures, patient-derived xenograft models, etc.
What we offer:
The diagnostic laboratory manages the biobank and can facilitate specific requests, including: temperature controlled and monitored storage of bio-materials sectioning of tissue slides for microscopy isolation of DNA/RNA from archived specimens dedicated storage of samples from (international) research projects
Relevant document are:
The CRC comprises the following permanent members:
- Prof. Dr Zwaan (Chair, Head of Trial and Data Centre, PI pharmaceutical research)
- Prof. Dr Vormoor (Clinical Director Hemato-oncology)
- Prof. Dr Kremer (Clinical PI LATER)
- Prof. Dr Grootenhuis (Clinical PI psycho-oncology)
- Dr Tissing (Clinical PI supportive care)
- Dr Molenaar (Pre-clinical PI)
- Dr Sonneveld (Staff member Diagnostic Laboratory)
- Dr. Hanff (Pharmacist)
- Dr Lopez (Statistician)
- Dr Fiocco (Statistician)
- Mr Lieverst (Data Management Coordinator, also representing SKION)
- Ms Sickinghe (On behalf of the Client Council)
The Biobank and Data Access Committee comprises the following members:
- Dr De Haas (Chair)
- Prof. Dr Zwaan (Head of Trial and Data Centre, PI pharmaceutical research)
- Prof. Dr Holstege (Principal Investigator)
- Dr Tops (Head of Diagnostic Laboratory)
- Ms Sickinghe (Client Council)