Purpose for research
Automation of lab experiments has several advantages, for example:
- You save time as a researcher
- The quality of the experiments is increased and
- You can easily scale-up the experiments.
In general, we perform and support the development, implementation and analysis of high-throughput and time-intensive assays. All experiments aim to enable accelerated identification and validation of new treatment options for pediatric cancer as well as identifying key genes and proteins underlying the disease processes.
The highly flexible HTS platform enables the performance of a variety of high-throughput assays (e.g. ELISA, cell viability, staining), screens using different types of molecules (e.g. drugs, antibodies, or siRNAs) and read-out methods (e.g. absorbance-, luminescence- or fluorescence-based detection). Read-out using FACS and microscopy can be performed at other core facilities.
Services and support
We offer a full-service model with:
- Assay development and validation – we can give support in the translation of research questions into assays suitable for high-throughput screening.
- Carrying out the high-throughput screens
- Data analysis support