Our aim is to facilitate the accelerated identification and validation of improved treatment strategies and disease-associated genes and proteins by supporting the development, performance and analysis of high-throughput perturbation assays. The HTS facility is embedded in the Molenaar group
at the Princess Máxima Center for pediatric oncology.
What we offer:
The highly flexible HTS platform enables the performance of a variety of high-throughput screens, using different perturbations (e.g. small molecules, antibodies or siRNAs) and read-out methods (e.g. absorbance-, luminescence- or fluorescence-based detection).
Assay development and validation – we can give support in the translation of research questions into assays suitable for high-throughput screening.
Carrying out the high-throughput screens
Data analysis support
At the moment, we focus on drug screens with designed libraries specific for pediatric cancer.
The HTS facility consists of a state-of-the-art robotic system, with as the main part the Beckman Coulter Biomek i7 Hybrid liquid handling workstation. It contains deck positions for tip boxes and assay/compound plates, a 96w and 384w pipette head, a heating and cooling module, a shaker, robot grippers and a flexible arm, shuttles to move the plates and barcode trackers. Attached to the liquid handling workstation are:
- Agilent PlateLoc and Brooks XPeel – Thermal microplate sealer and automated microplate seal removal
- Agilent Microplate Centrifuge – An automated small, robot-accessible centrifuge for multiple microplates
- Cytomat 10C incubator – Fully automated incubator and storage module for high-capacity cell growth and assay incubation
- Cytomat 9 hotel – Storage hotel for tip boxes and compound microplates
- Echo 550 liquid handler – Acoustic liquid handling for precise nL transfer volumes of drug solutions
- FluidX IntelliXcap Decapper – The fastest capper/decapper 96-format system in the industry, that can decap a complete rack of tubes in as little as 20 seconds
- Thermo Multidrop Combi reagent dispenser – Provides precise dispensing of solutions, ensuring reproducible assay data
- Spectramax i3x – Microplate reader for absorbance, luminescence and fluorescence detection
Assay development and application